Volume 13, Issue 3 (Autumn 2009)                   J Qazvin Univ Med Sci 2009, 13(3): 115-118 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Lame arani E. Review of relationship between DMFT index of first permanent molar and associated factors in primary school age children. J Qazvin Univ Med Sci. 2009; 13 (3) :115-118
URL: http://journal.qums.ac.ir/article-1-881-en.html
, Email: lame_arani@yahoo.com
Abstract:   (6854 Views)
The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between nutrition & individual factors and caries of the first permanent molar in primary school age children. The current study was a descriptive cross sectional investigation using a randomized cluster sampling in which 450 primary school goers in two cities of Aran and Bidgol (Kashan, Iran) were examined. Data collection was accomplished using a questionnaire plus clinical examination. Parents were mostly illiterate individuals. Caries were found mostly in the first permanent molar of mandible jaw rather than in the first permanent molar of maxilla. Our data showed that 52.1% of the first permanent molar in maxilla was healthy while the percentage of the first permanent molar in mandible with caries was 28.4%. Totally, 18.9% of cases were shown to have healthy molar teeth and the rest (81.1%) with caries in one or more molar teeth. Additionally, a significant correlation between the occurrence of caries and the frequency of brushing and hygienic status of primary school age children was established, statistically (p=0.001). Meanwhile, the results of this investigation showed that the decay of the first permanent molar was associated with the frequency of brushing, students’ hygienic status, and the type of jaws while no relationship with parents’ education level, gender, geographic location, and nutrition was demonstrated.
Full-Text [PDF 181 kb]   (1028 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Short communication | Subject: Pediatrics

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Send email to the article author


© 2019 All Rights Reserved | The Journal of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb